Byron Bay Attractions
Byron Bay is one of Australia's top holiday destinations, with a relaxed atmosphere and activities to suit all ages.
Gosamara Apartments is conveniently located in the heart of Byron Bay, within easy walking distance to beaches, shops, cafes, restaurants, galleries and markets.
Markets & Entertainment
Byron Bay has a lively calendar of festivals and events including the Byron Bay Markets run on the first Sunday of each month at Butler Street, across the railway tracks from the main part of town. Byron Bay Market is a social and cultural hub of the community including well over 300 market stalls with a focus on locally made goods and produce.
For the freshest local and organic produce, try the Byron Bay Farmers Market held every Thursday morning from 7.15 am at the same location – a great stop for a local coffee, breakfast and some delicious produce to enjoy during your stay.
Annual EVENTS & Festivals
- Byron Bay Bluesfest - Easter Long Weekend
- Byron Bay Ocean Swim Classic - first Sunday in May
- Byron Bay Triathlon – second Saturday in May
- Splendour in the Grass - July
- Byron Bay Writers Festival - August
- The Falls Music and Arts Festival – 31 December to January 3
Things to do & see
There is so much to see and do. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Watch the sunrise from the Byron Bay Lighthouse
- Surf, swim or relax at the many beautiful Byron Bay Beaches
- Scuba dive & snorkel in the waters of the Cape Byron Marine Park
- Sip a great coffee from one of the many cafes in Byron Bay
- Choose from a range of restaurants, from 5-star dining to great fish and chips
- Browse the shops for surfwear, women’s and men’s fashion, gifts and more
- Visit the light industrial estate. Byron Bay is a hub for creativity, with many local designers and craftspeople operating from here
- Explore the Byron Bay hinterland, including quaint villages like Bangalow
- Bushwalk in the surrounding national parks
- Watch the sunset over Belongil Beach, accessed from the back gate of Gosamara Apartments.